The UX Design Difference
Your website speaks volumes about your brand. Whether you realize it or not, a user’s first impression with your company can create a lasting association around the quality of your product or service — for better or worse.
Since it can only take milliseconds to make that first impression, there are components of your page that need to be optimized to ensure users remain engaged with your content. Here’s how good UX design can influence customer behavior.
Why UX Design Matters
Your website needs to look great, organize content intuitively and function seamlessly so that users can find the information they’re looking for and feel encouraged to further engage your brand.
More than 70% of customer
journeys start on the web. Much
of that is through search.
Form, Function, ROI
More than 70% of customer journeys start on the web. Much of that is through search. Your website architecture, web design and user experience affect your:
- Brand credibility: 75% of users decide within seconds of seeing your website whether or not they trust your brand.
- Ranking in search engine results pages: Google’s RankBrain algorithm analyzes factors such as bounce rate, pages per session and dwell time to determine how easy it is for users to navigate your site.
- Conversion rates: Clear calls-to-action and other strategic user experience and web design elements influence whether site visitors will continue engaging with your brand.
- Bottom line: Between search rankings and missed opportunities, UX and design has an incalculable if not profound impact on your business’s bottom line.
If you have a website, make sure your UX design is putting it to work for your business… the return on investment is well worth it.
A recent report published by Fast Company shows that, on average, every $1 invested in UX and interaction design nets up to $100 in return. That’s an ROI of 9,900%.
Brand Your Business
There’s value in tying your brand to a distinct image or voice. Brafton’s UX design services enable your business to bring your brand vision to life, reflecting the visual design elements and written content on which you want to focus your visiting traffic’s attention.
The benefits of an effective UX design process go far beyond keeping customers glued to your website.
Effective website design secures your brand as a legitimate business in your chosen verticals. In addition to assuring prospective customers that your offerings are indeed worth buying, UX design cements your positioning as a top contender in the marketplace amongst competitors.
UX Audit and Design Services
Our team of expert consultants and designers tackle every element of your website’s form and function. From developing custom wireframes that optimize the end-user journey, to creating graphical elements that put visual design to work for your business, Brafton’s UX auditand design services were tailor made for boosting:
At Brafton, our UX design experts use heat mapping, A/B testing and other UX audit methods to make sure that your pages are serving a clear and deliberate purpose in the user journey. Think of your site’s UX design as a roadmap for user behavior. By implementing an intuitive user interface design, you’ll ensure the navigation experience is easy and effective for your audience.
Tell us what you want your site visitors to do, and we’ll help you make sure they do it.
Technical SEO Services
You need to think of your sitemap and internal linking structure as the path that you want users to take – because even if you don’t, Google will.
Search engines look at factors such as XML markup and metadata to help determine the value each of your pages provides to users, what function it serves in the user journey and how well it’s serving that function.
At Brafton, our UX strategy, audit and design experts analyze and make recommendations for how to optimize all of the following:
- Internal linking structure: Every page on your site should have links to other pages elsewhere on your site. This linking structure is crucial for helping users navigate your website and find the information they’re looking for. Strategic linking structures are also optimized to improve engagement and conversions by identifying and catering to user needs.
- HTML sitemaps: These sitemaps can help you better understand the structure of your site while guiding users as they look for certain information on your site. Bounce rates (users leaving after the first page), and many pages per session with short time on each page are indicators that users aren’t finding the information they’re looking for. An HTML sitemap is a visual aid for your site’s hierarchy.
A site that does not load within a
second earns 11% fewer page
views than a site that does.
- XML sitemaps: Your site doesn’t just need to be intuitive for users; it also needs to be easily understood by search engine crawlers. An XML sitemap helps you tell search engines what pages you want them to crawl.
- Schema markup: Schema provides search engines with additional context for what each of your pages is about. This improves the way your pages display in search results. Specifically, the rich snippets that display right beneath the page listing in SERPs will align more closely with the search query. In other words, it makes it easier for users to find the specific page or information on your site that they’re looking for via search engine.
- Page speed: A site that does not load within a second earns 11% fewer page views than a site that does. A site that takes longer than two seconds to load will see approximately 50% fewer page views.
In some cases, it makes more sense to modify an existing site than overhaul it entirely. If this strategy aligns with your business objectives, our consulting department can perform comprehensive website audits that include:
- Basic Overview Report: A high-level overview of the issues that negatively impact site performance and user experience.
- Error Reporting: A detailed list of issues affecting your site, including 404 errors, duplicate content, unstructured data, toxic links, problematic XML sitemaps and more.
- Quote to Fix Errors: An estimate for how much it would cost Brafton to fix any and all site errors.
- Scorecard: A proprietary ranking system that determines the priority level of each site error, and assesses the extent to which these issues are affecting site performance.
- Branded Full Audit Analysis: A comprehensive, branded and formatted document that is designed to be presentable to decision-makers and easy to read; this report contains hard numbers on all of the issues affecting your site and provides personalized solutions to those issues on both micro and macro levels.
- Competitor & Social Analysis: Competitor analysis for five market rivals that includes assessments or organic and paid SEO campaigns, keyword rankings, backlink portfolios, social performance and more.
Sometimes, the most important elements of your site’s design are on the backend. Our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum website audit packages can help you identify problems with your website that aren’t so easy to see.
Your site’s backend structure – and how well you translate that to front-end navigation on your site’s interface – can significantly affect the end-user experience.
And so can we, for the better.
Our website audit packages
can help you identify problems
with your website that aren’t
so easy to see.
Google prioritizes the mobile version of your site when it determines your ranking in search. Why? Because more than 60% of all searches are conducted on mobile devices. Optimizing your site for mobile-first indexing and for a mobile user experience has never been more important than it is today.
Get the Most Out of Mobile
When it comes to optimizing your website for the mobile experience:
Rollovers, animations and hover states build engagement organically, revealing additional information by way of virtual confirmation. This type of interactivity gives control to your customers by ensuring they can request deeper or related content.
Design With the Fickle Customer in Mind.
Your mobile interface should be clean, effective and free of clutter. An overabundance of buttons, lists, menus or calls-to-action could visually warn the wary user to steer clear of your content. Often, they’ll process the information on your website in milliseconds and make a decision to stay or leave soon after.
Bold, clean presentation and easy-to-digest graphics will keep your desired audience glued to your content. Optimized web copy, improved site speed and custom illustrations come together to make your visual presence stand out. Always keep the graphic design elements of your site in mind when cultivating a first-class mobile experience.
hen it comes to mobile UX and UI design, consistency is key. You’re dealing with a smaller viewing space than a desktop-optimized site, so use familiar, rolling assets and imagery to walk your audience through the navigation of your content across pages and internally linked content.
Our content strategists and consultants provide in-depth analysis of your mobile site performance, including the responsiveness of its design, and assess technical elements that could be negatively affecting mobile UX.
Calculated, Effective Web Optimization
Usability. Interactivity. Speed. There are many key components of an effective website. The attention span of today’s audience is shorter than ever before — your business can’t afford to gamble on UX design that stumbles on any of these critical features.
When it comes to optimizing your website, let Brafton’s experienced designers handle the heavy lifting.
Our comprehensive graphic design and UX capabilities mean you can take on an entire site redesign or focus just on the sections that are strategically critical to your bottom line. Keeping an engaging, interactive website at the forefront of your marketing strategy means you’re prioritizing customer experience and putting the wants and needs of your audience first.
Turn your website from just another URL to an ROI-generating machine today.
UX With Purpose
Your UX design is how you get your site to do your bidding and drive leads deeper into the sales funnel. Higher conversion rates and smoother customer journeys await.
Not in the US?
Then check our UX services in different regions: